Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Last Day In His 30's!

It started with a top-secret Facebook invite...



Last night we finished up family home evening, and then we told Jason we had a special treat planned for that night and we needed a few minutes to set it up.  I changed into black clothes (the kids were already in theirs), and then we quickly brought out a big sign, lots of black balloons, and ice cream toppings.  Jason knew something was up then, but I still think he was surprised by the number of people who spilled into our home at 7:00 pm, haha!  It was awesome!!!!!!!!

I am so thankful to these great families and friends for making it a fun night for Jason!  Thank you, Kimblers, Howard and Sandi, Williams family, Washburns, Speredelozzis, Littons, Evans family, Zobells, Jensens, MacGregors, Hawkins family, and Smiths!  (I hope I'm not forgetting anyone--there were a lot of people!)

We had just under 50 humans, two dogs, lots of balloons, ice cream, toppings to feed an army, gag gifts, BLACK everywhere, and a rousing game of Reverse Charades for the kids (they played that for almost an hour!) I think Jason felt the love. Good times!


I think this was only half of the kids!!!  Stairs make great extra seating!

I spy the birthday boy, taking it all in, haha! :)








From Howard and Sandi



My wonderful party planners in crime.  When I approached them about doing this, they were a little worried, haha!  We all were!  Jason does not like surprises!


The popular game we first played this past June in St George with the Cushing side continues to RULE.  I introduced this to the kids at the party and they played it for almost an hour!!!


This was the only fail for me that night.  I'd had a lot of fun looking for "sad, funeral-type" songs and thought this playlist was pretty funny, but our cable modem stopped working JUST before the party.  BUMMER!  Maybe I'll save it for Jason's 50th!


Today, Jason's actual birthday, is a normal work/school day, but we are looking forward to helping him close out in style tonight.  Love this man so much!

3 comments:

Gpa Sheen said...

give him our love today as well!

Deb said...

Way to go, it would take a lot to surprise Jason. I wish I could have been there. Thanks for making his birthday special.

sewnews said...

You all did a terrific job making this special and memorable for Jason. Way to go