Sunday, July 3, 2016

Random pics from Summer 2016

Our summer vacation from school is short this year, but thankfully the days are long!  So far it's been a nice mix of work and play!

Here are some fun random pictures from the last couple weeks:



Wade has had a few friends over lately--we always enjoy having his buddies over!


  

One day this week Rhiannon and I did some facial masks that we picked up at Walgreens.  The greatest health benefit from these weird things was probably the belly laughs we got putting them on!



Wade and I had a pretty weird experience this week at WalMart.  We were doing a little clothes shopping when we heard the following over the intercom:  "Please do not leave the store.  Customers need to stay in the store at this time."  Well, turns out there was a MASSIVE gas leak near the new construction of the Super WalMart across the street, and we were asked to stay in the store until it was safe to leave.  After about 40 minutes we were able to get to our van and exit southbound.  It was pretty creepy going to our car--there was this very loud hissing noise, which we think was the gas leak!!!



Yeah, it's been hot, 108+ most days.  Yesterday Rhiannon and I were driving around town and the van temperature guage only read 98 degrees. What a treat!




On Friday the boys went golfing, and Rhiannon and I got pedicures!  It was a lot of fun!




Gorgeous sky full of clouds the other day!


Other events/moments from this week:

--Jason was on travel to PAX in Maryland.  We were glad to get him back home on Thursday!
--Jason has also been re-painting the kitchen wall in our home.  He's doing a fantastic job!
--Rhiannon has enjoyed her babysitting job this summer!  She babysits 3 days a week and has a lot of fun with the girl she watches.  It's an easy gig, and she's very grateful for it!
--The kids and I brought a meal and ate dinner with a ward friend, Elizabeth this week.  Elizabeth recently broke her arm and needed some help.  We all were very happy to spend time with her and realized we need to do that more often!
--Had our sister missionaries over for dinner!
--I've been volunteering a couple hours in the early morning the past few days at the Burros Music Boosters fireworks booth.  I'm tired because I haven't been waking up that early for the past few weeks, but it's been a good experience and I've enjoyed helping!
--We had a great visit with our friend Howard, who is still making a slow recovery at the hospital.
--Made homemade pepperoni pizza rolls and pizza sauce with the kids using a recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe website.  DELISH!
--Rhiannon gets her patriarchal blessing tonight!!!

We are looking forward to a family day tomorrow as we celebrate the 4th of July!



4 comments:

Gpa Sheen said...

you are brave to put that picture of the facial masks outs there!! No, I am brave for looking at it!!!

Heather said...

I did one of those crazy looking masks once...with a friend...and we were dying from laughter too! The things we do for beauty!?!? I can't WAIT to spend some of our summer together. Just two more weeks! Eek!

momsheen said...

What wonderful things you and your family have been doing!! Love the service/visiting you've done, as well as the face mask and pedicures. Hope Howard is feeling up to leaving the hospital soon!
Can't wait to see your vacation updates!

sewnews said...

What a wonderful mom and dad you both are. Such fun Glad you were safe from the gas leak..... The mask is hysterical.